Tuesday 29 October 2013

#8: Stanley GR20K Trigger Feed Hot Melt Glue Gun Kit

I bought this for my electronics workbench. I had been shopping for a glue gun designed for professional use and expecting to pay $50 or more. Since I didn't find such a tool in this size, I settled for the Stanley. I don't usually buy tools of this quality and when I do, I consider them disposable. If I get a year's use out this I will consider it a good deal. That's not to say this tool won't last but I'm not counting on it and if it does, that's a bonus.

It's small, light and fits easily into small hands. It takes a few minutes to heat up but nothing unreasonable - certainly no longer than it takes my soldering iron to get hot. The flow seems predictable and easy to control. The built in stand works but is flimsy and will snap off soon enough. It did drop a few drips, nothing excessive. The whole trigger,pump action seems flimsy and flexy, again, I dont expect it to last but while it does, it works fine.

Here's a tip: If you are working with something messy like glue, get an old phone book, rip off the cover and use it as a pad on which to mix glue or set your glue gun etc. When the page gets dirty just tear it off


View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment